“Children were very interested and motivated to complete the activities. Good opportunity to see things they never see. Obviously a great deal of thought has gone into the activities.” St Annes School
Set Authors – Roald Dahl: Does knowing the author help us understand the book? Creating own story in Dahl style, using any of his characters
- Roald Dahl’s Autobiography
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- The Witches
- George’s Marvellous Medicine
- James and Giant Peach
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Poetry & Emotions: Exploring the wonderful world of words and their meaning and sound.
- Similes – How We Feel
- Alliteration – Lead Letter Of Emotions
- Personification – Being An Emotion
- Narrative Verse – Feeling Different Emotions
- Performing Poems – Choral Speech & Physicalisation
Traditional Tales & Myths: The importance of telling stories in emotional and moral development. Creating own stories reflecting a modern issue/dilemma through fantasy characters
- Myths Of Nature – How the …. Got its ….
- Moral Stories – Birbal’s Tales, Aesop’s Tales
- Emotional Stories – The Little Red Fish, Dogger, Eric Carle Stories, Moon Sun & Earth
Deathtrap Dungeon – The Quest For King Arthur: King Arthur has been mortally wounded and only the Elixir Of Life can save His Majesty. Join forces with Merlin to save King Arthur’s life and venture into Deathtrap Dungeon where various mathematical challenges await you. Calculate the perimeter and area of your Dungeon Map, traverse the chambers with your powers of mental arithmetic and team up with your friends to compete for the Exilir and Prize Jewels on offer! Watch where you tread over a series of 10 One Hour Sessions and watch as your confidence in Maths grows like magic.